John Dougheny 1815-1894
Ellen DOWNEY c.1815-1865
Co Limerick, Ireland ; Upper Glenelg (Harrow) & Wando Vale, S-W Victoria, Australia
John DOUGHENY c. 1815-1894, b. Co Limerick, Ireland, son of John DOUGHENEY and Catherine FARRELL, brother of James DOUGHENEY, d. Mount Shadwell Hotel, Mortlake, Victoria, Australia, m. Ireland to Ellen DOWNEY c. 1815-1865, b. Co Limerick, Ireland, d. Geelong, Victoria. John and Ellen DOUGHENY and family arrived at Port Phillip in 1841. John was the Inn-keeper at the "Forresters' Inn" Upper Glenelg (Harrow) c.1847-c.1853. He owned Wando Vale Station in 1854, hotel-keeper at "Dougheny's Hotel" Ashby (Geelong), Victoria in 1861 and died at his son's hotel, the "Mount Shadwell Hotel," Mortlake, Victoria.
John & Ellen DOUGHENY had the following children:
- Catherine DOUGHENY 1839-1902, b. Co Limerick, Ireland, d. Barwon Heads, Victoria m. 1861 to John MURNANE 1839-1885, children near Geelong from 1862-1883.
- James DOUGHENY b. 1841, Port Phillip, d. 1854 "Wando Vale" Station.
- Mary DOUGHENY b. 1843, Werribee, Port Phillip (Victoria), m. 1865 to John SHEEHAN, resided at Stawell, Victoria....?....
- Elizabeth Ellen DOUGHENY 1845-1926, b. Steiglitz, Port Phillip (Victoria), m. 1866 to Thomas George Percy LEE c.1841-1886.
- John James DOUGHENY 1847-1904, b. Upper Glenelg (Harrow), S-W Victoria, d. Terang, Victoria, m. 1870 to Adela Gertrude QUINN c. 1849-1910.
- Martin DOUGHENY b. c.1848, Upper Glenelg (Harrow), S-W Victoria d. bef. 1865 ...?...
- Michael DOUGHENY b. c.1850, Upper Glenelg (Harrow), S-E Victoria d. 1869, Terang, Victoria;
- Bridget Margaret Ellen DOUGHENY 1851-1932, b. Upper Glenelg (Harrow), S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria, m. 1870 to Thomas MULLANY 1841-1933, b. Rosscommon, Ireland, Victorian Police Officer, d. Melbourne, Victoria.