Roseneath State School 1730
North of Casterton, South Western Victoria, Australia
Glenelg & Wannon Region, S-W Victoria, Australia
1876 : School opened
This school opened in the Casterton area on 2nd of June 1876. The Department had supplied a school-house 'of brick or stone' to accomodate 40 pupils; the room measured 24ftx15ft. Attached to the building was a two-roomed residence of the same material. In 1876, the a.a. was 20 pupils (13 boys, 7 girls). The first HT Annie MOSSMAN held the post from 2nd of June 1876 to 17th of October 1877. The school closed on 3rd of July 1896, and re-opened on 26th of July 1899, finally closing on 23rd of March 1916.
1894 : Miss Jessie REID appointed
1915 : Concert & Dance advertised