Corndale SS 2716

North of Casterton, Victoria, Australia



A petition from residents presented to the Department by Neil CAMPBELL at the instigation of the Rev. Mr. SIM, resulted in the opening of SS2716 Corndale on 20th of January 1886. HT John C. LOWRY held the position from 20th January 1886 to 21st of May 1886. The school closed on 23rd of March 1916 re-opened on 30th of January 1923 and finally closed on 7th of February 1944. The Dunrobin school plantation is now on the the site. James W. ELIJAH, former HT at Corndale, later became famous as the author of several books, as a DI and as Assistant Chief Inspector.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.