Gritjurk SS 1060

North East of Coleraine



This school began in the Coleraine area as a Common School opening on 1st of January, 1872 with an a.a. of 24 pupils. A shool-house 'of brick or stone' to accomodate 60 pupils was built with a three room residence of the same material attached. No 1060 became a State School in 1873. HT J. FRANCIS remained until 13th of October, 1885. The school closed on 13th of April 1899.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.