Gritjurk South SS 3326

North East of Coleraine



A schoolhouse designated as a portable wooden structure to accomodate 30, with a 2-room wooden residence attached, was removed from 1442 Moree during 1899 and re-erected on the site of 3326 Gritjurk South in time for that school to open on 14th of August 1899. The first HT James E. McCOY held the position until 21st of August 1909. During the period 1929-30 the school worked with 4415 Melville Forest. It closed on 31st of January 1951.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.