Glenaulin & Greenwald SS 2653

Dartmoor, South_West Victoria, Australia



Glenaulin school opened on 3rd of November 1884 with an NE of 14 under HT Jenny JOHNSON. The site was the at the base of Cowland's Hill on the Prince's Highway in the Dartmoor district. The building was a single room. The school worked part-time with 3254 Lyons, 1898-1903 and with 971 Drik-Drik from 1903-5, due to the low enrolments. At about this time the building was moved a mile to its present site at the top of Cowland's Hill. In 1959 the pony paddock was planted with pines. The recent enroment was 13.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.