[click to enlarge]
Digby Township in 1921 looking up the hill to Portland.
Items of Interest in the 1921 Photograph
- Bridge over the Emu Creek in the foreground carrying the main Casterton - Portland Road, known as CLARKE St in the township of Digby.
- "Leyton", first house on the right, built by Nathaniel BURGESS, who established the first Blacksmith business on this site in 1846.
- AOF or "Forresters" Hall on the right and half way up the hill.
- The vacant block between "Leyton" and the AOF Hall was the site of the Woolpack Inn, 1st Inn at Digby or Emu Creek and Mercer's Store.
- St John's Church of England and Sunday School located at the top of the hill on the right of the road, and partially obscured by trees.