George Charles Cheape ALLARDICE (1815-1903)
Jessie McLELLAND & Annie BRUNTON (1843-1920)
Fifeshire, Scotland & Digby, S-W Victoria, Australia
George ALLARDICE, b. 1815, Strathmiglo, Fife, Scotland, the son of William ALLARDICE and Margaret DIBBS married Jessie McLELLAND in Edinburgh in 1842 and emigrated to Australia with his two children in 1855 on the "Miles Barton". His wife Jessie had died in Scotland prior to the emigration of the family.
George ALLARDICE & Jessie McLELLAND had the following family...
- William ALLARDICE b. 1846, Sct d. 1859
- John ALLARDICE b. 1847, Sct, d. 1914 m. Annie McINTYRE (dau of Peter McINTYRE and Janet CAMERON) in 1874 at Muddy Creek. Annie died the next year and John then married Annie McPHERSON (dau of Donald McPHERSON and Flora McINNES) in 1876. Children from this second marriage were:
- William George ALLARDICE b. 1877, Digby, Vic, d. 1896
- Donald ALLARDICE b. 1879, Digby, Vic, d. 1912, m. Elizabeth CARRISON;
- Janet Margaret ALLARDICE b. 1881, Digby, Vic;
- Annie Flora ALLARDICE b. 1883, d. 1884, Digby, Vic;
- Jessie Margaret ALLARDICE b. 1883, Digby, Vic, m. William John VAUGHAN;
- Annie Josephine ALLARDICE b. 1885, Digby, Vic, m. James MILNE;
- Flora McInnes ALLARDICE b. 1887, Digby, Vic, m. Owen Stanley RIGBY;
- John James ALLARDICE b. 1889, Digby, Vic, m. 1914 Christobel WILSON, son John born at Hamilton in 1915, last recoreded in 1935 near Gilgandra, NSW when he applied for a copy of his lost WW1 discharge papers. His wife Christabel died at Portland, Victoria in 1941.
John served in WW1 as follows...
- WW1, enlisted 8-11-1916, Melbourne, Vic.
- WW1, Pte 2328, 4th & 13th Light Horse Regiments AIF, enlisted 8-11-1916
- WW1, joined 2nd light Horse Regt. in France, 5-5-1917.
- WW1, 4th Light Horse Regiment, WIA (gassed), France 17-04-1918.
- RTA 23-06-1919 per "Devanhah"
- Digby Avenue of Honour Tree No 22, planted by Miss Phyllis ALLARDICE & Master Don MILNE
- Named on Wando Vale SS 3397 Honour Roll
- Thomas Christopher ALLARDICE b. 1891, Digby, Vic, m. Jean DOLMAN.
George ALLARDICE's wife Jessie died circa 1856 and he married again in 1865 at "Ardgarton Station" (near Digby) to Anne BRUNTON b. 1843/1844, Sct daughter of James BRUNTON (1808-1898) and Lucy McINNES (1807-1862). George took up land 5 miles south of Digby which he named "Bloomsbury" and he worked as a forester, carrier and farmer in the 1860's and '70's.
George ALLARDICE & Anne BRUNTON had the following family...
- Lucy Margaret ALLARDICE b. 22 Nov 1866, Digby, Vic, m. 1891, Charles Chaulk BAUDINETTE
- Thomas Dibbs ALLARDICE b. 7 Jan 1869, Digby, Vic d. 1897
- Margaret ALLARDICE b. 1869, Digby, Vic, d. 1946, Perth, WA, m. 1905 WA to George O'HERN ~1871-1940, 4 children.
- Flora Ann ALLARDICE b. 28 Nov 1873, Digby, Vic, m. 1897, Alexander VOEGE
- Anne ALLARDICE b. 27 May 1876, Digby Vic d. 1911
- Georgina ALLARDICE b. 14 Dec 1878, Winyayung (Digby) Vic (married 1905, Henry MOORE)
- George William ALLARDICE b. 1881, Digby Vic d. 1912
- Jessie ALLARDICE b. 1884, Digby, Vic, m. Lionel CROSSLAND, WA
- John James ALLARDICE b. 1886, Digby Vic d. 1928