Thomas ANDERSON 1825-1880
Jessie BLAMYRE 1825-1903
Midlothian, Scotland ; Heywood, Condah, Branxholme and "Rifle Downs" Digby, S-W Victoria, Australia
Thomas ANDERSON 1825-1880, b. Penicuik, Midlothian, Scotland son of George ANDERSON and Jean CRAIK married Jessie BLAMYRE (BLEWMERES, BLUMIERS, BLUMIRES, BLANNERS?) in 1852 at Colinton, Edinbugh, Scotland.
The family (Thomas 27y, Jessie 27y and William 0y) emigrated and arrived on the "John Davies" at Portland, S-W Victoria, Australia in November 1852.
Thomas ANDERSON, boundary rider on "Rifle Downs" Station near Digby, was accidently killed in 1880 when hit by a falling tree branch, and buried in the Digby Cemetery, S-W Victoria, Australia.
Jessie ANDERSON died and was buried at Ararat, Victoria in 1903. Her stated age was 85y which appears to be too old.
Children of George ANDERSON (son of Thomas & Jessie) and Bridget SLATTERY were attending the Digby School c.1890.
Thomas ANDERSON and Jessie BLAMYRE had the following family...
- William ANDERSON c.1850-1932, b. Scotland, d. 1932, Casterton, S-W Victoria.
- George ANDERSON c.1852-c.1852, b. and d. Scotland?
- George ANDERSON 1854-1908, b. Branxholme, S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria, m. 1879 to Bridget SLATTERY c.1854-1903, b. Co Tipperary, Ireland, d. Maldon, Victoria (5 children)...
- Eleanor "Nellie" ANDERSON 1881-1967, d. Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria.
- Jessie Ann ANDERSON 1882-1882, b. and d. Digby, S-W Victoria.
- Thomas Henry "Harry" ANDERSON 1883-1957, b. Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria, m. 1909 to Annie Hugeinia STEWARD 1886-1969.b. Yarrawonga, Victoria to Samuel SEWARD and Hugeinia MUNRO.
- John Curtis ANDERSON 1885-1906, b. Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Newstead, Victoria.
- Sarah Jane ANDERSON 1887-1974, b. Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria.
- Henry ANDERSON 1857-1878, b. Condah, S-W Victoria, d. Hamilton Hospital, S-W Victoria.
- Jane ANDERSON 1859-1920, b. Heywood, S-W Victoria, d. Casterton, S-W Victoria, m. 1877 to Edward RIGNEY 1852-1919, b. at sea, d. Casterton, S-W Victoria (11 children).
- Catherine ANDERSON 1862-1943, b. Branxholme, S-W Victoria, d. Casterton, S-W Victoria, m. 1880 to Thomas Escrick SEYMOUR 1860-1942 (9 children);
- Jessie Ann ANDERSON 1865-1939, b. Branxholme, S-W Victoria, d. Casterton, S-W Victoria, m. 1884 to John Michael MURPHY 1860-1947, b. "Springbank" Casterton, S-W Victoria to Daniel MURPHY and Mary LAWLER, d. Casterton, S-W Victoria (14 children).
There are a number of known researchers of this family and any corrections or additions would be welcome.