John Wood BOWEN c.1826-1877
Christina "Christy" McDONALD c.1828-1915
England; Isle of Skye, Scotland; Grassdale and Branxholme, S-W Victoria, Australia
John Wood BOWEN c.1826-1877, b. Birmingham or Liverpool, England, son of William BOWEN and Ann SMITH was married in 1855, on the Wannon River, Victoria to Christina 'Christy' McDONALD c.1828-1915, b. Isle of Skye, Inverness-shire, Scotland, daughter of Alexander McDONALD and Fanny ROBERTSON. Christy McDONALD had arrived with her family on the "New Zealander" at Portland, S-W Victoria in 1853.
John Wood BOWEN died at Branxholme, S-W Victoria in 1877 and his widow Christina died at Melbourne in 1915.
John and Fanny BOWEN had the following known family, a number of whom were christened at the Digby Church of England in 1862...
- William BOWEN 1856-1914, b. "Grassdale" Station, near Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Beechworth, Victoria, m. 1884 to Ellen Coldham McPHEE 1862-1914, b. "Audley" Branxholme, S-W Victoria to George COLDHAM and Catherine McPHEE. 9 children.
- Frances Mary "Fanny" BOWEN 1858-1942, b. Branxholme, S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria, m. 1880 to James MADDERN 1858-1936, b. Ballarat, Victoria to James MADDERN and Jane CURNOW, d. Melbourne, Victoria. 10 children.
- John Alexander BOWEN 1860-1939, b. Grassdale, near Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Nyngan, NSW....
- Joseph Wood BOWEN 1862-1941, b. Grassdale, near Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Dubbo, NSW...
- Ronald Charles BOWEN 1864-...?..., b. Branxholme, S-W Victoria, d. ...?... (after 1915)...
- Francis Cusack BOWEN 1867-1932, b. Branxholme, S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria. Served as Pte 1317, 14th Battalion, AIF (at Gallipoli 1915), discharged at Melbourne in 1916.