William COOPER c1807-1862 & Jane McKINLAY c1824-1908
Digby & Hotspur, Victoria, Australia
William COOPER b. 1807 Suffolk, Engand, son of Alexander and Maria COOPER was married in 1856 at Grassmere (near Warrnambool) to Jane McKINLAY b. 1824 Isle of Skye, Scotland, daughter of William McKINLAY and Jessie ALLEN. Jane arrived at Portland on the "Arabian" in 1854 with her brother Henry McKINLAY.
William and Jane COOPER had the following family:
- Janet "Jessie" Maria COOPER b. 1860 Digby m. 1882 Thomas Joseph PERDON and had the following known children...
- Mary Jane PERDON, b. 1884 Nhill, Vic;
- Charlotte PERDON, b. 1885 Nhill, Vic, m. ? COOKE;
- William Joseph PERDON, b. 1887 d. 1888 Nhill, Vic;
- Samuel PERDON, b. 1888 Nhill, Vic;
- Isabella PERDON, b. 1891 Warracknabeal, Vic;
- William PERDON, b. 1893 Warracknabeal, Vic;
- infant PERDON, b. 1883 d. 1893 Warracknabeal, Vic;
- Myrtle PERDON, b. 1894 d. 1899, Warracknabeal, Vic;
- William PERDON, b. 1897 Warracknabeal, Vic;
- Violet PERDON, b. 1899 d. 1899 Warracknabeal, Vic;
- Arthur PERDON, b. 1900 Nhill, Vic;
- Isabella Margaret COOPER b. 1862 Digby m. Samuel BEAUGLEHOLE and had the following known children...
- Mary Margaret BEAGLEHOLE b. 1882 Casterton, Vic;
- Susan Maroa Feadore BEAGLEHOLE b. 1886 Casterton, Vic;
- Glenelg William Henry BEAGLEHOLE b. 1889 Casterton, Vic;
- Percy Haenment Orlanda BEAGLEHOLE b. 1891 Portland, Vic;
- Beatrice Euphemia BEAGLEHOLE b. 1894 Portland, Vic;
- Clarence Roy BEAGLEHOLE b. 1897 Portland, Vic;
- Iris May BEAGLEHOLE b. 1900 Portland, Vic;
- Cyril Clifton BEAGLEHOLE b. 1903 Portland, Vic;
- Ula Ray BEAGLEHOLE b. 1906 Portland, Vic;
George FARR & Jane McKINLEY
William COOPER died at Digby in 1862 leaving Jane with two young girls and she married again in 1864 to George FARR b. 1809 Westbourne, Sussex, son of John FARR and Sarah BATTLE. They do not appear to have had children and George died in 1876 and was buried in the Hotspur Cemetery.