Joseph Brown DICKINSON 1857-1938 & Annie Maria FORTE 1864-1945
Nhill, Hotspur & Condah, S-W Victoria, Australia
Joseph Brown DICKINSON b. 1857, Hamilton, Victoria, son of Richard DICKINSON and Annie BROWN married in 1885 to Annie Maria FORTE, b. 1864, Hamilton, Victoria, daughter of James FORTE and Mary McINNES. The family appears to have lived at Nhill, Hotspur, Condah and returned to Nhill.
Joseph DICKINSON & Annie FORTE had the following family:
- Francis James DICKINSON b. 1886, Nhill, Vic, d. 1952;
- Flora Amy DICKINSON b. 1887, Nhill, Vic ........,
- Mary Ellen DICKINSON b. 1889, Nhill, Vic, d. 1973, m. Russell William JOYCE;
- Ethel DICKINSON b. 1891, Nhill, Vic, d. 1967;
- Ruby DICKINSON b. 1893 Yanac A Yanac, Vic, d. 1940;
- Archibald Richard DICKINSON b. 1895, Yanac A Yanac, Vic, d. 1917, Belgium
- WW1 1st AIF, 2nd Machine Gun Co.
- KIA, Belgium 21 Sep 1917
- Digby Avenue of Honour Tree No 97, planted by Mr R W JOYCE
- Charles Horatio DICKINSON b. 1898 Hotspur, Vic, d. 1965;
- Edward Norman DICKINSON b. 1901 Hamilton, Vic, d. 1921;
- Edgar Joseph DICKINSON b. 1905 Condah, Vic, d. 1959;
- Elma DICKINSON b. 1906 Condah, Vic, d. 1981.