William ELDRIDGE 1834-1913 & Mary COATES 1833-1908
Hampshire, England; Digby, Echuca, Melbourne, Adelaide & Gippsland, Australia
William ELDRIDGE b. 1834 Winchester, Hampshire, England son of John ELDRIGE & Martha CARTER was married in Winchester in 1852 to Mary COATES b. 1833 Surrey, England daughter of Caleb COATES & ____.
1861 - W. ELDRIDGE listed as Chief Ranger for Court Perseverance No 3319, Ancient Order of Foresters at Digby.
1862 - ELDRIDGE & RICE were operating a steam saw mill at Digby.
1913- William ELDRIDGE died in the Shire of Buffalo, Gippsland, Victoria.
William ELDRIDGE & Mary COATES had the following children:
- Eliza ELDRIDGE b. 1855 Digby, Vic, d. 1932, m. Duncan McCRACKETT;
- Martha Elizabeth ELDRIDGE b. 1856 Digby, Vic, ...;
- Mary ELDRIDGE b. 1857 Digby, Vic, d. 1952;
- William George ELDRIDGE b. 1859 Mt Hotspur, Vic, d. 1943;
- Samuel George ELDRIDGE b. 1861 Digby, m. Sarah McLELLAN;
- John Caleb ELDRIDGE b. 1864 Digby, Vic, d. 1950, m. Jane MILES;
- Ann ELDRIDGE b. 1866 Echuca, Vic, d. 1950, m. Thomas FALLS;
- Charles Edward ELDRIDGE b. 1868 Echuca, Vic, d. 1919;
- Adnah Francis ELDRIDGE b. 1870, Moama, NSW, d. 1940, m. Edith HUDSON;
- Hugh Mortimer ELDRIDGE b. 1874 Flemington, Vic, d. 1942, m. Mary FALLS;
- Lovelock Mason ELDRIDGE b. 1879, Adelaide, SA, d. 1966;
- Lillian Coates ELDRIDGE b. 1882, d. 1883, Adelaide, SA.