James GRANT c.1787-1873
Helen McGREGOR c.1794-1876
Scotland ; Dartmoor, Digby, Sandford & Casterton, S-W Victoria, Australia
Links to The GRANT Story and the "Caledonian Union Hotel" on the Casterton and Sandford pages.
James GRANT c.1787-1873, b. Edinburgh, Scotland, son of Allen & Elspit GRANT and his wife Helen Scott McGREGOR c.1794-1876, b. Fifeshire, Scotland, daughter of Alexander McGREGOR and Helen McGregor SCOTT arrived in Victoria in 1862 on the "Lord Raglan". This was 21 years after their son John Scott GRANT and his wife Anne KILPATRICK had arrived in 1841.
James & Helen GRANT were both buried in the Digby Cemetery, S-W Victoria in 1873 & 1876 respectively. Their graves are not identifiable.
James GRANT & Helen Scott McGREGOR had the following known family....
- John Scott GRANT 1822-1879, b. Edinburgh, Scotland, d. Sandford, S-W Victoria, m. 1841, Edinburgh, Scotland to Ann KILPARICK 1826-1903, b. Edinburgh, Scotland, to Robert KILPATRICK & Catherine MATHESON, d. Sandford, Victoria. John & Ann GRANT are both buried in the Sandford Cemetery.
John Scott GRANT and Ann KILPATRICK had the following family....
- James GRANT b. 1842, Portland, Vic, ........?
- Allen GRANT b. 1844, d. 1846.
- Robert GRANT b. 1845, Cashmere Vale, NE of Casterton, Vic, d. 1891, Sandford, Vic, m. Ellen "Nellie FOSTER 1850-1929.
- George GRANT b. 1847, Harrow, Vic, d. 1923, Casterton, Vic, m. Mary Jane DAVIS 1845-1884.
- John GRANT b. 1850, South Australia, d. young.
- Annie GRANT c.1851-1925, b. Victoria; d. Colac, Victoria; m.1 1871 to Skirving McDONALD c.1847-1882, b. Scotland to William McDONALD and Janet SKIRVING; saddler of Merino and Casterton; d. Casterton, S-W Victoria; 4 children; m.2 1886 to Henry LOGGIN 1854-1942, b. Warwickshire, England; watchmaker and jeweller of Melbourne, Warrnambool and Casterton; d. Sandford, S-W Victoria; 4 children.
- James GRANT b. 1855, Dartmoor, Vic, d. 1898, Casterton, Vic, m. Elizabeth Margaret O'BRIEN 1854-1939.
- Helen GRANT b. 1857, Sandford, Vic, d. 1931, Sandford, Vic, m. John LITTLE 1859-1950.
- John GRANT b. 1859, Sandford, Vic, d. 1940, Melbourne, m. Helen Elizabeth HOLMES, 1853-1929, widow of William James BARBER.
- Robert Gillon GRANT b. 1822 Edinburgh, Scotland. This appears to be the Robert GRANT who was in the military at "The Battle of Lucknow", India and "The Crimean War" at Sevastopol.
- Catharine GRANT b. 1838, Sct, d. 1918, Digby, Vic, m. 1965, Thomas Finney FINLAY, b. 1823, England, d. 1869, Digby, Vic.