Patrick HEALY c1808-1891 & Margaret HIGGINS / HAGEN c1813-1888
Co Clare, Ireland; Digby & Hotspur, S-W Victoria, Australia
Patrick HEALY b. c1808, son of Patrick HEALY and Ann MULQUEENY was married abt 1830, Co Clare, Ireland to Margaret HIGGINS / HAGAN b. c1813, daughter of Arthur HIGGINS / HAGEN and Margaret KEARNEY.
Both Patrick and Margaret HEALY are buried in the Digby Cemetery.
Most of the family group appears to have arrived in Victoria in April 1854 on the "Almora".
Patrick & Margaret HEALY had the following known family...
- Mary HEALY b. 1831, Co Clare, IRL, m. Michael RYAN (IRL>USA)
- Michael HEALY b. 1833, Co Clare, IRL, (Boot Shop in Adelaide, SA)
- Catherine HEALY b. 1838, Co Clare, IRL, m. Alexander McNICOL
- John HEALY b. abt 1840, Co Clare, IRL, (d. at sea AUS>NZ)
- Patrick HEALY b. 1841, Co Clare, IRL, (Boot Shop in Adelaide, SA)
- Eliza HEALY b. c.1842, Co Clare, IRL, .............?
- Margaret HEALY b. 1844, Co Clare, IRL, m. Robert LORD (Cavendish, Vic, Aus)
- Francis HEALY b. 1848, Co Clare, IRL, m. 1886, Hotspur, S-W Vic., Frances SYPOTT and had the following family...
- Francis Patrick HEALY b. 1887 Digby, Vic d. 1887, Vic;
- Mary HEALY b. 1888, Digby, Vic, m. Edward Thomas BURGESS (1882-1935); (went to WA)
- female HEALY b. 1890, Digby, Vic, d. 1890;
- child HEALY b. 1892, Digby, Vic, d. 1892;
- Francis John HEALY b. 1894, Digby, Vic m. Elsie May BURGESS (1905-2004); (went to WA)
- Child HEALY b. 1897, Digby, Vic, d. 1897;
- Ann HEALY b. 1851, Co Clare, IRL, m. Henry Donald McDONALD (Hawkesdale, Vic, Aus)
- James HEALY b. 1854, Co Clare, IRL, ?
F. HEALEY was listed as an early landowner on a Hotspur Parish map.