James Crawford LAW ~1838-1916 b. ~1838, Scotland
Margaret Salmon DICKSON 1843-1938, b. 1842, Dunbartonshire, Scotland
Scotland; Break-O-Day; Merino, S-W Vic.; & Yea, Victoria, Australia
James Crawford LAW b. ~1838 Scotland, son of Robert LAW and Ann CRAWFORD was married in 1866 in Victoria, Australia to Margaret Salmon DICKSON b. 1843 Kirkintilloch, Dunbartonshire, Scotland, daughter of Walter DICKSON and Janet McNAB.
James and Margaret LAW had the following known family, including Archibald LAW who who served with the 1st AIF in WW1, and obtained a Soldier Settlement Block on Glenorchy Estate near Merino in south west Victoria.
James LAW & Margaret DICKSON had the following known family..
- Jessie LAW b. 1867, Collingwood, Vic, d. 1952, m. Francis HOLDSWORTH 1875-1934;
- Ann LAW b. 1867, Collingwood, Vic, d. 1932, m. John Drysdale WILLIAMSON 1870-1925;
- James Dixon LAW b. 1871, Morang (Plenty River), Vic, d. ___, m. Isabella WILLIAMSON 1865-1948;
- Walter Robert LAW b. 1874, Yan Yean, Vic, d. Toowoomba, QLD in 1958 m. Louisa Margaret DOHERTY 1876- ? (moved to Queensland ca 1912.);
- Janet LAW b. 1878, Yea, Vic, d. 1958, m. William Henry SEDDON 1875-1953;
- Archibald LAW b. 1880, Break O Day (nr Yea), Vic, d. 1928, Warrnambool, Vic, m. 1910 Annie Jane MELDRUM 1869-1959;
- enlisted in WW1 from Merino on 27-03-1916, occupation Evangelsit
- embarked 10-05-1917 per "Boorara"
- served in the Middle East as Pte 16932, 1st Australian Light Horse, AIF (Australian Camel Brigade Field Ambulance)
- RTA 22-03-1919 per "Ulimaroa"
- Glenorchy Estate Soldier Settler
- Named on Merino War Memorial as A. LAWE
- Martha Margaret LAW b. 1886, Yea, Vic, d. 1978, m. William Thomas SLATER ca 1882-1950;