John "Long John" McEACHERN 1828-1908
Annie McLEAN 1828-1897
Scotland; Sydney; Strathdownie, Digby, Hotspur & Nelson, S-W Victoria, Australia
John "Long John" McEACHERN b. 1828 Morven, Argyllshire, Scotland, son of Hugh & Mary McEACHERN married in 1857 at Strathdownie to Ann McLEAN, Ann b. 1828 Morven, Argyllshire, Scotland, daughter of Alexander McLEAN and Ann McEACHERN.
In the Digby Court of Petty Sessions, 26 Jun 1867, Lachlan McCLEAN of Hotspur applied for and was granted a transfer of his General Publican's Licence for the Crawford Inn at Hotspur to John McEACHERN.
John McEACHERN & Annie McLEANhad the following children:
- Mary Margaret McEACHERN b. 1858 Casterton, Vic.............;
- Flora Ann McEACHERN b. 1859, "Strathdownie East" Station d. 1938, Mount Gambier, m. Donald MATHESON 1846-1927;
- Hugh McEACHERN b. 1861 Strathdownie, Vic, d. 1940, Mount Gambier, SA, m. Annie McLEAN 1868-1962;
- Margaret Ann McEACHERN b. 1862 Casterton, Vic, d. 1865 "Knebsworth" Macarthur, S-W Vic.;
- Alexander McEACHERN b. 1864, ___, Vic, d, 1865, "Knebsworth" Macarthur, S-W Vic.;
- Mary Margaret Stewart McEACHERN b. 1867 Branxholme, Vic, d. 1949, Mount Gambier, SA, m. Andrew john William LINN 1873-1934;
- Alexander McLean McEACHERN b. 1868, "Rising Sun Hotel" Hotspur, Vic, d. 1945, Adelaide, SA, m. Catherine Jane McFARLANE 1870-1956 [of Hotspur, Nelson, Carapook, Port Fairy, Mount Gambier & Adelaide];
- Hannah McEACHERN b. 1870, "Rising Sun Hotel" Hotspur, Vic, d. 1896 Mount Gambier, SA;
- John Angus McEACHERN b. 1873, Hotspur, Vic, d. 1961, m. Dorothy KERR 1877-1945.