Peter McLACHLAN 1829-1888 & Janet McKINNON 1825-1909
Shoemaker of Digby, Victoria, Australia
Peter McLACHLAN b. 1829 Argyleshire, Scotland, son of John McLACHLAN and Mary McPHERSON was married in 1852, Edinburgh, Scotland to Janet "Jessie" McKINNON b. 1825 Argyleshire, Scotland.
Peter was a shoemaker at Digby who died in 1888 and his wife Janet died in 1909.
Peter McLACHLAN & Janet McKINNON had the following children:
- Mary Livingston McLACHLAN b. 1853, Digby, Vic, d. 1923, Lismore, Victoria, m. 1875, James BRUNTON 1839-1933;
- Catherine Jane McLACHLAN b. 1854, Digby, Vic, m. 1876, William AUSTIN;
- Christina Joanna McLACHLAN b. 1856, Digby, Vic, m. 1874, Edward FITZGIBBON;
- female McLACHLAN b. 1858, d. 1858 Digby, Vic;
- John McLACHLAN b. 1859 Digby, Vic, d. 1918, Portland, Vic;
- Angus McLACHLAN b. 1861 Digby, Vic, d. 1945, Mildura, Vic;
- Isabella McLACHLAN b. 1864 Digby, Vic, d. 1922, m. 1886 George Goodman Crouch WIGLEY;
- Donald Alexander McLACHLAN b. 1867 Digby, Vic, ........?;
- Janet 'Jessie' McLACHLAN b. 1869 Merino, Vic, d. 1945, Portland, Vic, m. Robert EDRICH 1860-1920.
P. McLACHLAN was on the list of first buyers of Digby town allotments.