Alexander McQUEEN 1833-1916
Catherine McBAIN c.1835-1905
Inverness-shire, Scotland ; South Australia ; Merino & Dartmoor & Colac, Victoria, Australia
Alexander McQUEEN 1833-1916, b. North Uist, Inverness-shire, Scotland to Norman McQUEEN & Rachael McLEAN; m. in 1856 in Strathalbyn, South Australia to Catherine McBAIN c.1835-1905, b. Inverness-shire, Scotland to Donald McBAIN & Margaret McLEAN.
Alexander McQUEEN and Catherine McBAIN both emigrated from Scotland to Adelaide on the "Hercules" arriving in 1853 along with parents and siblings including Mary Ann McQUEEN 1826-1886; Euphemia McQUEEN 1827-1904; Roderick McQUEEN 1828-1893; Donald McQUEEN 1830-1902; Duncan George McQUEEN 1836-1918; Ewen McQUEEN 1842-1922.
Alexander and Catherine McQUEEN had 12 children born (many births not located) in South Australia, Merino (1860s) and Drik Drik (1870s), Victoria, and back in South Australia.
Alexander and Catherine McQUEEN both died near Colac, Victoria in 1916 and 1905 respectively and were buried in the Colac cemetery.
Alexander McQUEEN & Catheraine McBAIN had the following known family...
- Norman McQUEEN 1857-1932, b. South Australia; d. Rainbow, Victoria; m. 1881 in Adelaide, SA to Elizabeth BAKER 1857-1938, b. Gawler River, South Australia to William Henry BAKER and Mary ALDERMAN ; d. Rainbow, Victoria;
- Margaret McQUEEN c.1860/63-1940, b. South Australia; d. Sydney, NSW; m. 1884 at Gawler, SA to Jonathon STACEY 1863-1937, b. Melrose, South Australia to Henry STACEY and Sophia MUDGE; moved from South Australia to Temora, NSW in 1907; 10 children; d. Sydney, NSW;
- Rachel McQUEEN 1861-1901, b. Merino, Victoria; unmarried; d. Colac, Victoria;
- Mary McQUEEN c.1861-1931, b. ____, d. Colac, Victoria;
- Donald McQUEEN c.1863-1872, b. ____, d. ___, Victoria;
- Euphemia McQUEEN c.1868-1921, b. ____, d. Colac, Victoria;
- Catherine McQUEEN c.1869-1889, b. ____, d. Casterton, Victoria; m. Thomas LACEY 1864-1920, b. Casterton, Victoria to George Robert LACEY and Euphemia McQUEEN, ; d. Horsham, Victoria;
- Archibald McQUEEN 1872-1959, b. Dartmoor, Victoria; d. Rupanyup, Victoria; m. 1901 to Rose TORNEY 1872-1952, b. Lexton, Victoria to Hugh TORNEY and Jane STORER; d. Rupanyup, Victoria;
- Jessie McQUEEN c.1875-1913, b. __, South Australia; d. Melbourne, Victoria; m. 1903 to Albert EASTON 1880-1971, b. Camperdown, Victoria, to Alexander EASTON and Elizabeth LYON; d. __, Victoria;
- Sarah McQUEEN c.1875-c.1956 ____, d. __, New Zealand; m. __ to Dugald John KEITH; (son William Alfred McQUEEN, Pte 2214, 21st Battalion, AIF, KIA, France, 1918);
- Donald McQUEEN 1876-1912, b. Clare, South Australia; d. Melbourne, Victoria.
- Flora McQUEEN 1882-1980, b. Virginia, South Australia; d. Colac, Victoria; m. 1903 to John Henry "Harry" HISLOP 1874-1918, b. Melbourne, Victoria to Robert HISLOP and Alice Susan ELLIS; d. Colac, Victoria.