John PERRY 1818-1913 & Elizabeth HOLBROOK 1820-1886
Somerset, England; Digby & Hotspur, S-W Victoria, Australia
John PERRY b. 1818 Somerset, England, son of John PERRY and Mary SMITH was married in 1839 at Bath, Somersetshire to Elizabeth HOLBROOK b. 1820 Bath, Somersetshire, daughter of William HOLBROOK and ___.
John PERRY took over the management of a number of the large pastoral runs in the area.
John & Elizabeth PERRY and family arrived at Portland on the "Priam" in 1852.
John PERRY & Elizabeth HOLBROOK had the following children...
- John PERRY b. 1840, Somerset, England. d. 1901, Coleraine, Vic. m. Elizabeth SIMKIN 1850-1886;
- William PERRY b. 1842, Somerset, England, d. abt. 1859, near Ararat, Vic.;
- Emily PERRY b. 1844, Somerset, England ........;
- Joseph PERRY b. 1848, Somerset, England ........;
- Henry PERRY b. 1849, Somerset, England, d. 1908 Digby, Vic;
- Charles Maderia PERRY b. 1852, at sea "Priam", (did not marry, went interstate)........;
- Frederick PERRY b. 1854, Crawford River (Hotspur), Vic, d. 1942, Casterton, Vic., m. Helen GULL 1852-1942;
- Emily Amelia PERRY b. 1856, Condah, Vic, d. 1932, Coleraine, Vic. m. Thomas Dollan GREGORY 1856-1905;
- Mary Jane PERRY b. 1858, Bassett's Station, Vic, d. 1930, Coleraine, Vic, m. Thomas URQUHART 1857-1930;
- Ann Elizabeth PERRY b. 1862 Digby, Vic, d. 1938, Digby, Vic, m. John Thomas SIMKIN 1853-1932.
H. PERRY was listed as a buyer on the original list of Digby town allotments.
John PERRY was the licensee of the Digby Hotel in Buckingham Street in 1867.