William SHAW 1812-1885 & Mary JORDAN 1820-1885
Ireland; Belfast, "Muntham" Casterton, Digby & Hotspur, S-W Victoria, Australia
William SHAW b. 1812 Co Tipperary, Ireland, son of ____ and ____ was married in 1840 in Melbourne, Port Phillip, NSW to Mary JORDAN b. 1820 Co Wexford, Ireland daughter of Peter JORDAN and Mary LENNAN.
William and Mary SHAW had seven children from 1841-1860 born at Geelong, Belfast, "Muntham" Casterton & Hotspur, Victoria.
William and Mary SHAW both died at Telangatuk, near Harrow in Western Victoria in 1885 and were buried in the Harrow Cemetery.
William SHAW & Mary JORDAN had the following known family...
- William SHAW b. 1841 Geelong, Vic d. 1877, Coleraine, Vic m. 1864 to Mary CALLIGAN ~1844 - 1878 [7 children at Hotspur & Coleraine];
- James SHAW b. 1843 Geelong, Vic, d. 1925, Coleraine, Vic m. 1866 to Christina BEATON 1843-1923 [11 children in Coleraine area];
- Margaret SHAW b. ~1849 Geelong, Vic, d. 1919, Coleraine, Vic m. 1871 to Patrick MURTAGH 1845-1929 [9 children at Coleraine];
- Ellen SHAW b. 1851 Belfast, Vic, d. 1922, Harrow, Vic m. George Edwards ~1844-1923 [10 children in Harrow area & SA];
- Bridget Amelia SHAW b. 1854, "Muntham" station, near Casterton, Vic, d. 1944 Ballarat, Vic m. James CRICK 1837-1899 [8 children at Edenhope & Gymbowen];
- Catherine SHAW b. 1858 Hotspur, Vic. d. 1939 Coleraine, Vic m. 1881 Dugald BEATON 1852-1924 [6 children at Coleraine];
- Jane SHAW b. 1860 Hotspur, Vic, d. 1948 Edenhope, Vic m1. Henry BURNS 1858-1889 [5 children at Edenhope]; m2. John Frederick PRETLOVE 1857-1933 [4 children ay Neuarpurr].
W. SHAW was listed as an early landowner on a Hotspur Parish map.