Thomas SMITH ~1844-1921
Lydia Jane BURGESS 1851-1911
Digby & Dartmoor, South-West Victoria, Australia
Thomas SMITH, born Portland, Port Phillip District, NSW ~1844, son of George SMITH and Bridget SEXTON married Lydia Jane BURGESS, born 1851, Digby, S-W Victoria, daughter of Nathanial BURGESS and Mary BARRATT.
Thomas SMITH was a farmer of Mumbannar, near Dartmoor, S-W Victoria who died at Daylesford in 1921 and was buried at Dartmoor. His Wife Lydia died at Dartmoor in 1911 and was buried in the Dartmoor cemetery.
Thomas SMITH & Lydia Jane BURGESS had the following children...
- Emma Bridget SMITH b. 1874, Digby, Vic.,............?;
- Percy George SMITH b. 1876, Digby, Vic., d. 1965, Mount Gambier, SA, m. Isabella Bertha McKINNON 1884-1957, (9 children).;
- Lydia Helen SMITH b. 1879, Digby, Vic, d. 1943, Melbourne, Vic. m. Daniel Patrick McGUINESS 1877-1919;
- Ethel Mary SMITH b. 1881, Digby, Vic., d. 1960, Warburton, Vic.;
- Annie Margaret SMITH b. 1884, Digby, Vic., d. 1951, Melbourne, Vic.;
- Edward Thomas SMITH b. 1886, Digby, Vic., d. 1967, Melbourne, Vic., m. Margaret HOSKINS 1897-1979.
- Sydney SMITH b. 1889, Mumbannar, S-W Victoia, d. 25 Apr 1915, Anzac Cove, Turkey
- WW1 1st AIF, 6th Battalion
- enlisted 28-08-1914
- KIA, 25-05-1915, ANZAC Cove, Turkey
- Grave - Plugge's Plateau Cemetery, ANZAC, Turkey
- Digby Avenue of Honour Tree No 91, planted by Miss SMITH