Walter Daniel THOMAS 1820-1902
Anna Marie SUTTON 1821-1903
Devonshire, England ; Digby, S-W Victoria
Walter Daniel THOMAS 1820-1902, b. Exeter, Devonshire, England to Richard and Sarah THOMAS arrived in Digby in the 1850s and operated as a cabinet maker, undertaker and built all of the furniture in St. John's Church of England except for the pulpit. He died at Digby in 1902. He was married to Anna Marie SUTTON b. 1821 Exeter, England and she died at Digby in 1903. They were both buried in the Digby Cemetery.
1863 - W. D. THOMAS listed as Chief Ranger for Court Perseverance No 3319, Ancient Order of Foresters at Digby.
1871 - E. H. THOMAS listed as Chief Ranger for Court Perseverance No 3319, Ancient Order of Foresters at Digby.
1873 - W. R. THOMAS listed as Chief Ranger for Court Perseverance No 3319, Ancient Order of Foresters at Digby.
P. R. THOMAS was on the list of buyers of original Digby town allotments.
Walter Daniel THOMAS and Anna Maria SUTTON and had the following known family..
- William THOMAS b. 1842;
- Walter R THOMAS b. 1844, d. 1904, Hamilton, Vic;
- Ernest THOMAS b. 1847;
- Ernest Henry THOMAS 1849-1915, b. Exeter, Devonshire, England; farmer of Dergholme, Victoria; skin-buyer of Digby, Victoria; d. Hamilton, Victoria; m. 1881 to Jessie McFarlane SHAW 1859-1902, b. "Elderslie" station, west of Casterton, Victoria, to John SHAW and Janet Margaret "Jessie" McFARLANE; d. Casterton, Victoria and had the following family...
- Linda Marion Elaine THOMAS 1891-1917, b. Dergholm, Victoria; d. Melbourne, Victoria; m. 1916 to Henry George JOHNSON
- Walter Daniel THOMAS 1882-1932, b. Dergholm, Victoria; Bootmaker of Digby, Victoria; d. Hamilton, Victoria.
- Herbert THOMAS 1884-1884, b. and d. Dergholm, Victoria.
- Janet Margaret THOMAS 1885-1970, b. Dergholm, Victoria; d. Bendogo, Victoria.
- Maria Sutton THOMAS 1887-1973, b. Dergholm, Victoria; d. Kyneton, Victoria.
- Vincent Victor THOMAS 1889-1974, b. Dergholm, Victoria; "Merino Downs" (1915); d. Hamilton, Victoria; m. 1912 to Winifred ROWE 1891-1982, b. Branxholme, Victoria to Thomas Arthur ROWE and Frances DUNBAR; d. Hamilton Victoria.
- Leslie Arnold Keith THOMAS 1893-1905, b. Dergholm, Victoria; d. Melbourne, Victoria; m. Alice Frances GANNELL 1891-1970, b. Beechworth, Victoria to Edwin Henry Toby GANNELL and Alice WHEETMAN; d. Melbourne, Victoria. Lesie served in WW1...
- 1916, Sep 30 : enlisted, Pte 7058, 8th Battalion, AIF
- 1916, Nov 09 : farewelled at Digby, Victoria for service abroad.
- 1916, Nov 23 : embarked "Hororata" from Melbourne for service abroad
- 1918, Dec 24 : embarked "..." from England for RTA
- Tree No 67 : Digby Avenue of Honour, planted by Mrs V THOMAS
- Helen Lilian Shaw THOMAS 1896-1976, b. Dergholm, Victoria; d. Bendigo, Victoria; m. 1920 to John Thomas McDONALD.
- Ernest Osbert THOMAS 1897-1899, b. and d. Dergholm, Victoria.
- Anna Maria Sophia THOMAS b. 1851 m. Thomas BUCKLE;
- Francis Henry THOMAS b. 1871, Merino, Vic
- WW1 1st AIF, 1st Cyclist Battalion, enlisted 5-08-1915
- RTA 22-05-1918
- Tree No 35 : Digby Avenue of Honour, planted by Miss Ethelwyn THOMAS
- mar Ada Maude Roseclear PERRY
- Francis Valentine THOMAS b. 1890, Digby, Vic, d. 1891;
- Valentine Gordon Geoffrey THOMAS b. 1893, Digby, Vic
- WW1 : 1913-17, Stoker, H.M.AS. Sydney, R.A.N. (Indian Ocean and North Sea, involved in the 1914 capture of German New Guinea and the destruction of the German ship "Embden" at Cocas Islands)
- Tree No 21 : Digby Avenue of Honour, planted by Mrs A E THOMAS
- Ethelwyn Elizabeth Maud THOMAS b. 1897, Digby, Vic;
- Trevor Allen THOMAS b. 1873, Digby, Vic;
- Mary Elizabeth Sutton THOMAS b. 1853 Exter, Eng, m. George Lynton SIMKIN;
- Allen Ann THOMAS b. 1856 Digby, Vic, m. William JOYCE;
- Alfred Edward THOMAS b. 1858 Digby, Vic, m. Mary Elizabeth SIMKIN;
- Catherine Wolcott Ruth THOMAS b. 1861 Digby, Vic d. 1864;
- Percy Rupert Arthur THOMAS b. 1864 Digby, Vic, mar. Annie HARVEY.