Walter Daniel THOMAS 1820-1902 & Anna Marie SUTTON 1821-1903
Walter Daniel THOMAS, son of Richard and Sarah THOMAS arrived in Digby in the 1840s and operated as a cabinet maker, undertaker and built all of the furniture in the Chuch of England except for the pulpit. He was b. 1820 Exeter, England and married 1841 Exeter, Eng and died in Digby in 1902. He was married to Anna Marie SUTTON b. 1821 Exeter and died in Digby in 1903 and had the following children:
- William THOMAS b. 1842;
- Walter R THOMAS b. 1844, d. 1904, Hamilton, Vic;
- Ernest THOMAS b. 1847;
- Ernest Henry THOMAS b. 1849, Exeter, Eng, mar. Jessie McFarlane SHAW;
- Linda Marion Elaine THOMAS b. 1891;
- Walter Daniel THOMAS b. 1882;
- Male THOMAS b. 1884;
- Janet Margaret THOMAS b. 1885, Dergholm, Vic;
- Maria Sutton THOMAS b. 1887, Dergholm, Vic;
- Vincent Victor THOMAS b. 1889, Dergholm, Vic;
- Leslie Arnold Keith THOMAS b. 1893, Casterton, Vic
- WW1 1st AIF, 8th Battalion, enlisted 30-09-1916
- RTA 24-12-1918
- Digby Avenue of Honour Tree No 67, planted by Mrs V THOMAS
- Helen Lilian Shaw THOMAS b. 1896, Dergholm, Vic;
- Ernest Osbert THOMAS b. 1897, Dergholm, Vic, d. 1899.
- Anna Maria Sophia THOMAS b. 1851 m. Thomas BUCKLE;
- Francis Henry THOMAS b. 1871, Merino, Vic
- WW1 1st AIF, 1st Cyclist Battalion, enlisted 5-08-1915
- RTA 22-05-1918
- Digby Avenue of Honour Tree No 35, planted by Miss Ethelwyn THOMAS
- mar Ada Maude Roseclear PERRY
- Francis Valentine THOMAS b. 1890, Digby, Vic, d. 1891;
- Valentine Gordon Geoffrey THOMAS b. 1893, Digby, Vic
- WW1 1st AIF
- Digby Avenue of Honour Tree No 21, planted by Mrs A E THOMAS
- Ethelwyn Elizabeth Maud THOMAS b. 1897, Digby, Vic;
- Trevor Allen THOMAS b. 1873, Digby, Vic;
- Mary Elizabeth Sutton THOMAS b. 1853 Exter, Eng, m. George Lynton SIMKIN;
- Allen Ann THOMAS b. 1856 Digby, Vic, m. William JOYCE;
- Alfred Edward THOMAS b. 1858 Digby, Vic, m. Mary Elizabeth SIMKIN;
- Catherine Wolcott Ruth THOMAS b. 1861 Digby, Vic d. 1864;
- Percy Rupert Arthur THOMAS b. 1864 Digby, Vic, mar. Annie HARVEY.
1863 - W. D. THOMAS listed as Chief Ranger for Court Perseverance No 3319, Ancient Order of Foresters at Digby.
1871 - E. H. THOMAS listed as Chief Ranger for Court Perseverance No 3319, Ancient Order of Foresters at Digby.
1873 - W. R. THOMAS listed as Chief Ranger for Court Perseverance No 3319, Ancient Order of Foresters at Digby.
P. R. THOMAS was on the list of buyers of original Digby town allotments.