|Alexander VOEGE 1878-1949
Anne Flora ALLARDICE 1873-1966
Maryborough, Victoria & Digby, S-W Victoria, Australia
Alexander "Alec" VOEGE, b. 1878, Maryborough, Victoria, son of Klaus VOEGE & Mary Ann Lucy STANNARD, came to "Rifle Downs" near Digby, S-W Victoria from Euroa as a boy and took up shearing and post splitting before he married Flora ALLARDICE, b. 1873 Digby, Victoria, daughter of George Charles Cheape ALLARDICE and Ann BRUNTON.
Alexander & Flora VOEGE are both buried in the Digby cemetery, S-W Victoria.
Alexander VOEGE and Flora ALLARDICE had the following children...
- Rupert Lindsay Roy VOEGE b. 1897, Digby, S-W Victoria, d. 1982, Casterton, S-W Victoria;
- George Claus VOEGE (aka Colin CAMERON) b. 1900, Digby, S-W Victoria, d. 1968, Jerramungup (Albany-Esperance), Western Australia, m. Margaret "Doreen" DOYLE
- WW1 1st AIF, 4th Light Horse, enlisted 7-10-1916
- "charger" in the Light Horse Charge at Beersheba, Palestine in 1917,
- RTA 15-06-19
- Digby Avenue of Honour Tree No 27, planted by Miss Doris CAMERON
- Glenorchy Estate Soldier Settler
- George VOEGE moved to Western Australia, changed his name to Colin CAMERON prior to enlisting in WW2, served with distinction, ending the war as Major Colin CAMERON 2/4th Machine Gun Battalion and spent time as a POW of the Japanese in south-east Asia. He was in charge of a Soldier Settlement scheme in the 1950s in S-W Western Australia.
- mentioned in Rohan Rivett's book "Behind Bamboo" (1945) and Les Cody's book "Ghosts in Khaki" (1997), history of 2/4th Machine Gun Battalion.
- Alexander Oswald "Ossie" VOEGE b. 1903, Digby, S-W Victoria, d. 1989, Robinvale, Victoria, m. Eva Ethel MACKLEY, b. 1907 Natimuk, S-W Victoria ; lived for many years at Euston, NSW;
- Esther Rose Mamie VOEGE b. 1907, Digby, S-W Victoria, m. Robert Stephen STAFFORD....;
- Gerald Allardice Richard "Dick" VOEGE b. 1910, Digby, S-W Victoria, d. 1984, Mildura, Victoria, m. Doris Jean OLIVER, b. 1917 South Australia
- WW2 service with 4th Anti-Tank Regt., 2nd AIF
- enlisted 17-04-1941 along with other members of the Mildura Pipe Band (Bill Brown, Bob Powis, Dave Powis, Ern Clifford, Stan Newton, Jim Oliver, Colin McDonald, Johnny Hannah, Don Scott)
- Discharged 24-01-1946
- Japanese POW, Changi (Singapore), Thai-Burma Railway
- Some of his POW experiences in Mick Irwin's book "Kicking with the Wind" (1984).
- Lawrence Digby "Laurie" VOEGE b. 1912, Digby, S-W Victoria, d. 1939 Mount Helena (near Mundaring, E of Perth), Western Australia in a road crash.
- Annie Margaret "Dolly" VOEGE b. 1918, Casterton, S-W Victoria, m. Daniel "Danny" McFARLANE, b. 1907, Mildura, Victoria ; in the 1940s living at Mt Helena, near Mandurang, Western Australia.