Burgess Sawmill at Digby ca 1900
[click to enlarge]
Sawmill operated by Tom BURGESS (1839-1906) at Digby ca 1900. This mill was very much a family business with most men in the photo below either a son or son-in-law of 'Old Tom BURGESS'.
Sawmill Workers at Digby (left-right)
- Thomas BURGESS (1839-1906) born London, arrived Digby in the 1860's, married Jessie BRUNTON in 1867.
- George GUTHRIDGE (1874-1959) married to Emma Lucy BURGESS, dau of Tom BURGESS
- Martin GULL (1883-1961) married to Uleyear "Totti" WOMBWELL
- Bill CLARKE (1885-1944) married to Emily Mary BURGESS, dau of Tom BURGESS
- Thomas BURGESS (1870-1956) son of Tom BURGESS, married to Lillian May CLARKE
- Patrick MURPHY (1873-1928) married to Jessie Louisa BURGESS, dau of Tom BURGESS
- Frederick BURGESS (1883-1968) son of Tom BURGESS married to May Elizabeth SIMKIN
- George BURGESS (1872-1947) son of Tom BURGESS, married to Alice Beatrive FARLEY
- Arthur BURGESS (1880-1965) son of Tom BURGESS, married to Annie Cecilia HEAZLEWOOD