Digby South SS 2876

3 miles from Digby, South_West Victoria, Australia



In 1888 a State School was built at Digby South about 3 miles from Digby. The first HT was Miss HIGHLAND and the children walked or rode to school from a 5 mile radius. It closed in 1898 through lack of pupils and the wooden building was sold for removal. The last teacher was Miss RIDDLE.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.