Ewen CAMERON 1860-1906 (MLA) and Emma Harriet NUNN 1862-1935
"Morgiana" Hamilton, "Cloverdale" Condah, "Sinclair" Heywood & "Struan" Merino, Victoria, Australia
Ewen CAMERON b. 1860 "Morgiana" Station, Hamilton, Victoria, son of John CAMERON 1808-1880 & Barbara Winifred TAYLOR 1823-1875, was married in 1885 at Melbourne, Victoria to Emma Harriet NUNN, b. 1862, Melbourne, Victoria, daughter of Philip Henry NUNN & Martha May BENNETT.
Station Manager of "Morgiana" after the death of his father in 1880.
Station Manager of "Sinclair" near Heywood c.1886-1889.
Station Manager of "Struan" near Merino for 5 years c.1889-1895.
Owned "Cloverdale" near Condah.
Parliamentarian - MLA for Portland 1900-1904.
Parliamentarian - MLA for Glenelg 1904-1906.
Ewen CAMERON & Emma Harriet NUNN had the following family....
- Maud Martha CAMERON [MBE], b. 1886, "Sinclair" Station, Heywood, Vic, d. 1973, Caulfield, Victoria. Educated at Presbyterian Ladies College, KEW & University of Melbourne (BA, MA & Dip Ed), Head Mistress of "Firbank" Girls Grammar School, Melbourne, awarded an MBE in 1955)
- Ewen Carlisle CAMERON, b. 1888, "Sinclair" Station, Heywood, Vic, m. Amelia Kate CROSSLEY 1876-1959, d. 1950, Hamilton, Victoria (Solicitor of Hamilton)
- Edith Clare CAMERON, b. 1889, "Struan: Station, Merino, Vic, d. 1969, Melbourne, Vic [Nurse, awarded Royal Red Cross (2nd Class) for service in the Australian Army Nursing Service 1915-1919 in Egypt, France & England]
Dr. Winifred Barbara CAMERON [OBE], b. 1895, "Struan" Station, Merino, Vic, m. Rev Charles William MERIDITH 1888-1944, d. 1979, Melbourne, Vic. (Worked as a doctor in Melbourne hospitals, acting director & director from 1947 of maternal, infant and pre-school welfare, awarded an OBE in 1960)
- Nov 1914, Nurse in charge of a ward, Melbourne Hospital
- 28 Nov 1914, enlisted as a Staff Nurse, AANS with the AIF
- 1915-1919, served as Nursing Sister with AIF in Egypt, France & England & on Hospital Ships
- 28 Dec 1917 awarded Royal Red Cross (2nd class) for distinguished service in WW1
- 9 Feb 1919 RTA as Nursing Sister on "Ceramic"