First Methodist services were held in 1865, and Rev J.J. WATSFORD was minister in 1867. The church was opened in 1870 whilst the brick parsonage was built in 1875. The Rev Henry HOWARD, who rose to great heights in the ecclesiastical world was once a minister in this church. He ultimately occupied a distinguished position in England, and ended his ministry at the Fifth Avenue Church in New York.
Ministers:-HUNTER, HOWARD, SEACOMB, SALLOWAY, DUNSTAN.
Source : "Historic Souvenir of the Back to Merino and Henty Centenary Celebrations", November, 11th to 15th, 1937