Allan McPHEE 1819-1899 and Jane McQUEEN 1832-1894
Isle of Skye, Scotland & Merino, S-W Victoria, Australia
Allan McPHEE b. c.1819 Isle of Skye, Scotland, son of James McPHEE and Flora CAMPBELL was married in 1851, Inverness-shire, Scotland, to Jane McQUEEN, b. c.1832, Isle of Skye, Scotland, daughter of Martin McQUEEN and Catherine "Kate" LAMONT.
Allan & Jane McPHEE emigrated to Australia from Liverpool, England, arriving at Portland, Victoria on the "New Zealander" in November, 1853. A number of children were born at "Merino Downs" in the 1850s and 1860s.
Allan & Jane McPHEE died in Merino, Australia in 1899 and 1894 respectively.
Allan McPHEE and Jane McQUEEN had the following known family....
- Janet "Jessie" McPHEE, b. 1853, Isle of Raasay, Sct, d. 1929, Digby, Vic, m. 1873, Victoria to John OUTTRAM 1848-1935, son of John OUTTRAM and Jane FAIRHALL.
- James McPHEE, b. 1855, "Merino Downs", d. 1928, Ballarat, Vic.
- Martin McPHEE, b. c.1857, .............?, d. 1884, "Konongwootong Station", Vic.
- Donald McPHEE, b. 1859, ...............?, d. 1921, Merino, Vic.
- John McPHEE, b. 1861, "Merino Downs", d. 1922, Hamilton, Vic.
- Catherine McPHEE, b. 1864, Merino, Vic, d. 1952, Merino, Vic, m. 1889 to John McNICOL, b. 1862 Digby, Vic, son of Alexander McNICOL and Catherine HEALEY.
- Flora Margaret McPHEE, b. 1867, Merino, Victoria, d. 1946, Melbourne, Vic, m. Alexander BROWN, b. 1865, Hobart, Tamania, d. 1943, Melbourne, Vic.
- Allan Norman McPHEE, b. 1870, Merino, Victoria, d. 1959, Melbourne, Vic, m. 1927, Mary Aitken BELL, b. 1884 Dunfermline, Sct., d. 1987, Melbourne, Vic.