William ROBERTSON 1811-1864
Annie McPHERSON ~1834-..?..
Alvie, Inverness-shire, Scotland; Sydney, NSW; "Struan" on the Wannon; "Wando Vale", S-W Victoria & "Struan" on Mosquito Creek, S-E South Australia
William ROBERTSON b. 1811, Alvie parish, Inverness-shire, Scotland son of John ROBERTSON and Mary "May" McBAIN was married in 1852 at Melbourne, Victoria to Annie McPHERSON b. ~1834, Alvie parish, Inverness-shire, Scotland, 4th daughter of Duncan McPHERSON and Georgiana McKINNON.
John ROBERTSON & May McBAIN had the following family members in Alvie, Inverness-shire, Scotland:-- Angus 1795-1879, Ann ~1796-1898, Duncan 1799-1882, Hugh ~1801-1856, Margaret ~1803-1887, Elizabeth "Elspet" 1804-1866, John 1808-1880, William 1811-1864, James 1815, James 1817-1892 and Mary ......
William ROBERTSON, farm servant, unmarried, aged 27y, emigrated from Scotland and arrived at Sydney, Colony of New South Wales, in 1838 on the ship "Saint George" along with his brothers John ROBERTSON (unmarried) and Duncan ROBERTSON with wife Ann and 3 children.
By 1841 John ROBERTSON and his brother William had occupied "Struan" on the Wannon River, S-W Victoria, between the later townships of Merino and Coleraine. In 1852 their older brother Angus ROBERTSON with a wife and family of six arrived at "Struan" station on the Wannon and took over the management, allowing John & William to move onto some of their other holdings. William and John settled over the SA border on the Mosquito Creek on what became known as "Mosquito Plains" or "Robertson's Plains." In 1854 he moved back to the Victorian side of the border and settled at settled at "Wando Vale" station where he remained until his early death there in 1864, leaving a young family.
In 1854 William ROBERTSON purchased "Wando Vale" Station from John George ROBERTSON, no relation, who was planning to return to Scotland.
"Portland Guardian and Normanby General Advertiser" (Vic.) Monday, 27th February 1854.
William & Annie ROBERTSON had 6 known children from 1854 to 1863 before William died at his "Wando Vale" station in 1864 and was buried in the Casterton Old Cemetery.
Annie ROBERTSON (nee McPHERSON), widow of William was married in Kensington, London in 1869 to a Mr. F. DUKE, and after that she........
William ROBERTSON and Annie McPHERSON had the following family....