Murndal SS 1735

NE of Merino



The Department purchased a wooden school-house, 20ftx12ft, to accomodate 25 pupils, with a one-room residence attached, and removed it to the site of Murndal school in 1876. In this building, on 31st of May SS1735 Murndal opened under its first HT Henry W. FRENCH (1876-8). The school was conducted on a part-time basis with 1041 Salt Pans from 1st of January 1878 and finally closed on 5th of June 1884.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.