Richard BARBER 1861-1936
Catherine MAXWELL 1860-1920
Sandford, S-W Victoria and Maffra, Victoria, Australia
Richard BARBER b. 1861, Bet Bet, near Dunolly, Victoria son of Thomas BARBER and Barbara MAXWELL was married in 1887, Victoria to Catherine MAXWELL, b. 1860, Saltwater (Flemington), Victoria, daughter of James MAXWELL and Elizabeth Ann SYMONS.
Richard BARBER and Catherine BARBER died at Maffra, Victoria in 1936 and 1929 respectively.
Richard BARBER and Catherine MAXWELL had the following known family:
- James Maxwell BARBER b. Apr 1888, Sandford, S-W Victoria, d. 1964, Heidelberg, Victoria
David Douglas BARBER b. 1889, Maffra, Victoria, d. 1955, Melbourne, Victoria.
Roy Alexander BARBER b. 1891, Maffra, Victoria, d. 1960, Rutherglen, Victoria, m. Elizabeth ROBERTS c.1892-1969.
Barbara Elizabeth BARBER b. 1892, Maffra, Victoria, d. ...?..., m. William George LAWRENCE.
Richard Maxwell BARBER b. 1895, Maffra, Victoria, d. 1962, Warrnambool, S-W Victoria, m. Edith Nellie CORRIE 1899-1950.
- 1915, Jul : Baker, single, aged 27y, of Maffra, Gippsland
- 1915, Jul 3 : enlisted Pte 3014, 21st Battalion, AIF
- 1915, Oct 15 : embarked "Wiltshire" from Melbourne, Pte 3014, 21st Battalion, AIF
- 1916, Feb 24 : transferred in Egypt to 7th Battalion, AIF
- 1916, Mar 21 : arrived Marseilles, France, 7th Battalion, AIF
- 1916, Aug 18 : wounded, France, Pte 3014, 7th Battalion, AIF
- 1917, Apr 13 : returned to Australia, Pte 3014, 7th Battalion, AIF
- 1917, May 18 : discharged from AIF, Pte 3014, 7th Battalion, AIF
- not listed on Sandford WW1 Memorial