Francis Willis WIDDICOMBE 1836-1895
Caroline MARSDEN 1841-1894
England ; Macarthur & Sandford, S-W Victoria, Australia
Francis Willis WIDDICOMBE b. 1836, Exeter, Devon, England son of John WIDDICOMBE and Grace WILLIS was married in 1857 at Belfast (Pt Fairy), Victoria to Caroline MARSDEN, b. 1841, Yorkshire, England, daughter of John MARSDEN and Ann LEES.
John & Grace WIDDICOMBE and 3 children Francis (5), Edmond (4) and Thomas (2) arrived at Port Phillip on the 'Gilmore' in December, 1841.
Francis and Caroline WIDDICOMBE were both buried in the Sandford Cemetery in 1895 and 1894 respectively.
Francis Willis WIDDICOMBE & Caroline MARSDEN had the following known family:
- John Thomas WIDDICOMBE b. 1858, Eumeralla Parish, Co Normanby, Vic, Aus, d. 1861.
- James Willis WIDDICOMBE b. 1860, Eumeralla Parish, Co Normanby, Vic, Aus, m. Elizabeth MITCHELL
- Annie Elizabeth WIDDICOMBE b. 1862, Macarthur, Vic, m. William John HAYES
- Francis WIDDICOMBE b. 1863, Goodwood, Vic, m. Ellen Josephine SCOTT
- William WIDDICOMBE b. 1866, Penshurst, Vic, m. Margaret Elizabeth SMITH
Mary Ann WIDDICOMBE b. 1868, Macarthur, Vic, m. Edward James GUEST
Edward WIDDICOMBE b. 1870, Macarthur, Vic, m. Agnes Emily BAWDEN
Florence WIDDICOMBE b. 1872, Macarthur, Vic, d. 1897
Rose Anna WIDDICOMBE b. 1874, Macarthur, Vic, d. 1958
Emily WIDDICOMBE b. 1877, Merino, Vic, m. Nichol McNICOL
Caroline May WIDDICOMBE b. 1881, Merino, Vic, d. 1968
- enlisted WW1 25 May 1918, Soldier of Warragul
- served as WO1 56894, 13th Light Horse Regiment & 8th Battalion, AIF
- RTA 15 Sep 1918
- Named on Henty School Honour Roll