Ardno West SS 2974

South West of Casterton, South-West Victoria, Australia



This school existed from 7th of October 1889 until 31st of December 1914 and was conducted throughout the years in a leased building. The first HT, Timothy RYAN, held the post from the opening of the school until 21st of February 1892. The a.a. during the first year of operation was 16 pupils (11 boys, 5 girls). These numbers decreased until 1913 when the school was worked part-time with SS 2239 Strathdownie, until it closed.

Source: "Vision & Realisation", Vol 2, Education Department of Victoria.