John ROWAN c.1841-1920 & Annie Louisa WILLIAMS c.1849-1892
Storekeeper, Casterton, Victoria (1882)
John ROWAN b. c1841, Co Tipperary, Ireland was married in 1866 to Annie Louisa WILLIAMS, b. c1849, Chester, Cheshire, England, daughter of Charles WILLIAMS and Mary BANCROFT.
John ROWAN appears to be the John ROWAN, storekeeper, in the 1882 Commercial Sector Plan of Henty Street, Casterton.
John ROWAN and family were in Melbourne before coming to Casterton in the late 1870s. After 1882 they moved to Mount Gambier in South Australia before John's wife Annie died in Warrnambool in 1892.
John ROWAN died in Melbourne in 1920 and was buried in Warrnambool with his wife Annie.
John ROWAN & Annie Louisa WILLIAMS had the following known family:
- Lillian Hanorah ROWAN b. 1867, Emerald Hill, Vic., d. 1868
- Joseph Hamilton ROWAN b. 1869, Carlton, Vic, d. 1869
- William ROWAN b. 1870, Hawthorn, Vic, d. 1870
- John Percy ROWAN b. 1871, Boroondara, Vic, d. 1930, m. Louisa Mary MAYGAR 1875-1918
- James Archibald ROWAN b. 1873, Boroondara, Vic, d. 1928, m. Mary Ann McFARLANE 1875-1964
- Robert Emmet ROWAN b. 1874, Boroondara, Vic, d. 1875
- Marie Laura Kathleen ROWAN b. 1875, Hawthorn, Vic, d. 1964
- Christopher Paul ROWAN b. 1877, Hawthorn, Vic, d. 1954, m. Norah FOLEY 1877-1962
- Charles Hamilton ROWAN b. 1879, Casterton, Vic, d. 1952, m. Nellie Annie BECK 1883-1957
- Annie Isabel ROWAN b. 1880, Casterton, Vic, d. 1949
- Jerne Mabel Josephine ROWAN b. 1881, d. 1882, Mount Gambier, SA
- Eileen Camila Jane ROWAN b. 1884, Mountt Gambier, SA, d. 1959, m. William SHEA 1872-1942
- Leo Parnell ROWAN b. 1889, d. 1889, Mount Gambier, SA