Louis Arthur D'HENNIN c.1827-1900
Mary McLORGAN / McGROGAN 1839-1902
Paris France ; Co Galway, Ireland ; Geelong, Penshurst, Cavendish, Digby, Maryvale (near Edenhope), S-W Victoria, Australia
Louis Arthur D'HENNIN c.1827-1900, b. Paris, France son of ...?... ; married c.1854 at Geelong, Victoria to Mary McLORGAN 1839-1902, b. Co Galway, Ireland, daughter of William James McLORGAN and Mary O'REILY. A few notes relating to this family...
- The name D'HENNIN also recorded as DE HENNIN and DeHENNIN.
- The name McLORGAN also recorded as McGROGAN and LOUGHLIN and LOAPHLIN.
- This family is very difficult to track through records due to spelling variations and missing entries in indexes.
- At varous times from 1854 until the death of the parents in the early 1900s the family was recorded living in Victoria, Australia at Geelong, Penshurst, Cavendish, Digby and Maryvale (near Edenhope).
Louis Arthur D'HENNIN selected land at Charam and Maryvale, near Edenhope, S-W Victoria in the 1880s and was recorded as residing at Maryvale, near Edenhope when he died in the Horsham Hospital, Victoria in 1900. His widow Mary D'HENNIN died at Maryvale near Edenhope, S-W Victoria in 1902.
Louis Arthur D'HENNIN and Mary McLORGAN had the following children...
- Arthur De HENNIN 1855-1934, b. Penshurst, S-W Victoria, d. Ballarat, Victoria; m. 1878 to Annie JARRETT 1856-1918, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria, to Richard JARRETT and Marcella MURTAGH, d. Coleraine, S-W Victoria and had the following children...
- Marcella May De HENNIN 1879-1934, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria, d. Wurt Wurt Court (Merino Downs), S-W Victoria, m. 1901 to George Edwin CARTER 1880-1934, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria to John CARTER and Mary Ann GILL. d. Wurt Wurt Court (Merino Downs), S-W Victoria. 7 children.
- Mary Ann De HENNIN 1881-1969, b. Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Sydney, NSW; m. 1921 Victoria to Harold John DAVIES, b. ...?...; d. ...?...
- Louisa Eleanor De HENNIN 1883-1933, b. Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Melbourne, Victoria.
- Louis Arthur De HENNIN 1885-1951, b. Digby, S-W Victoria, d. Bordertown, South Australia, served in WW1...
- 1916, Oct : Boundary rider, single, aged 29y, Coleraine, S-W Victoria
- 1916, Oct 25 : Pte 3049, 37th Battalion, AIF, enlisted
- 1917, Feb 19 : Pte 3049, 37th Battalion, AIF, embarked "Ballarat" Melbourne, Victoria
- 1917, Apr 25 : Pte 3049, 37th Battalion, AIF, disembarked "Ballarat" Devonshire, England
- 1917, Oct 20 : Pte 3049, 37th Battalion, AIF, joined unit, Somme, France
- 1918, Jun 07 : Pte 3049, 37th Battalion, AIF, embarked "Essex" England for RTA
- 1918, Aug 01 : Pte 3049, 37th Battalion, AIF, disembarked "Essex" Melbourne, Victoria
- 1922, Aug 11 : signed receipt for British War Medal at Coleraine, S-W Victoria
- Celia De HENNIN 1885-1885, b. and d. Digby, S-W Victoria.
- Richard Charles De HENNIN 1887-1975, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria, d. Casterton, S-W Victoria; m. Emma PEARCE 1861-1942, b. South Australia to William PEARCE and Ann WATTS, d. Coleraine, S-W Victoria
- Amelia May De HENNIN 1889-1972, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria, d. Ballarat, Victoria
- Evelina Angela De HENNIN 1891-1891, b. and d. 1891, Coleraine, S-W Victoria
- James Edward De HENNIN 1893-1969, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria, d. Ballarat, Victoria
- William John De HENNIN 1893-1982, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria, d. Coleraine, S-W Victoria
- Bridget Catherine De HENNIN 1896-1909, b. Coleraine, S-W Victoria, d. Portland, S-W Victoria
- Louis D'HENNIN 1856-1922, b. ..., Victoria, d. Brisbane, Queensland; m. 1898, Sydney, NSW to Amy JONES, daughter of John JONES and Mary Ann DILLON; known children in NSW and QLD were...
- Ruby May D'HENNIN 1899-..?.., b. Condobolin, NSW, d. ..?.., m. 1929 in QLD to Robert Frazer HOLMES 1895-1937, b. Queensland, to Francis Frazer HOLMES and Margaret Celia LINDSAY. d. Brisbane, QLD.
- Digby Arthur D'HENNIN 1901-1972, b. Bourke, NSW, d. Quilpie, NSW, m. 1926 in QLD to Annie Elizabeth RICHARDSON ..?.., b. ..., d. ....
- Dorothy Amy D'HENNIN 1903-1905, b. Bourke, NSW, d. QLD.
- Louis Marcus D'HENNIN ..?..-1916, b. ..., d. QLD.
- Alfred D'HENNIN 1858-1858, b. and d. ..., Victoria.
- Mary Ann D'HENNIN 1860-1934, b. .?., Victoria; d. Hamilton, Victoria; m. ..?.. to Patrick JARRETT 1867-1943, son of Richard JARRETT and Marcella MURTAGH.
- William De HENNIN 1862-1932, b. Cavendish, S-W Victoria, d. Wagga Wagga, NSW; m. 1895 in NSW to Rose Jane CAMPBELL 1877-1954, b. Ireland, to Andrew CAMPBELL and Mary Ann FULTON, d. Wodonga, Victoria; 5 children were...
- Lily Maude De HENNIN 1897-..?.., b. NSW, d. ..?.., m. 1922 in Victoria to John Henry "Jack" HAMILTON [awarded the DCM with 39th Battalion, 1st AIF] 1888-1953, b. Edi, Victoria, to William Charles HAMILTON and Sarah MILLS. d. Albury, NSW.
- Ella Mary De HENNIN 1899-1993, b. Yarrangobilly, NSW, d. Albury, NSW, m. 1942 in Victoria to Arthur Gordon PEARCW 1894-1979.
- Herbert L De HENNIN 1901-1901, b. and d. NSW.
- Emile William De HENNIN 1903-1867, b. Yarrangobilly, NSW, d. Wagga Wagga, NSW, m. 1936 at Junee, NSW to Edna Charlotte BELLING 1909-2002, b. Junee, NSW, d. Wagga Wagga, NSW.
- Leslie Arthur De HENNIN 1908-1980, b. Yarrangobilly, NSW, d. Corryong, Victoria, m. 1934 at Junee, NSW to Eva Marjorie COSTIN 1906-1981, b. Junee, NSW, d. Albury, NSW.
- Louisa Adelaide D'HENNIN 1864-1948, b. Cavendish, S-W Victoria, attended Digby State School, single, d. Melbourne, Victoria.
- Emil (Emile) "Paddy" D'HENNIN 1866-1926, b. Cavendish, S-W Victoria, drover, station manager and hotel keeper of Queensland, single, d. Adavale, Queensland.
- James D'HENNIN 1868-1876, b. ..., Victoria, d. Digby, S-W Victoria.
- John D'HENNIN 1872-...?..., b. Digby, S-W Victoria and ...?...