William LANYON 1829-1885
Bridget (Bertha) McGRANE c.1831-1912
Cornwall ; Ireland ; Digby & Harrow, S-W Victoria, Australia
William LANYON 1829-1885, b. Cornwall, England, son of William LANYON and Rachel Brownfield MATTHEWS and arrived at Port Phillip in 1849 on the "British Empire."
William was married in 1851 near Harrow in the Portland Bay District, Victoria to Bridget (Bertha) McGRANE c.1831-1912, b. Dunleer, Co Louth, Ireland, who arrived at Port Phillip on the "New Liverpool" as an Irish famine orphan in 1849.
William LANYON died at Harrow, SW Victoria in 1885, but Bridget (Bertha) appears have left her husband at Digby in 1860 and taken her infant son Edwin Joseph LANYON to South Australia, then back to Victoria, [....... appears to be a complicated story .....] and to have died in Melbourne in 1912, then buried in the Buninyong cemetery, near Ballarat, as Bertha KERBY.
William & Bridget LANYON had the following known family:
- Emily LANYON c.1854-1894, b. SW Victoria; died, Tyrendarra, near Heywood, S-W Victoria; m. 1878 to Joseph FROST 1854-1928, b. Portland, Victoria; d. Wallacedale, Victoria and had the following family...
- Samuel Albert Hawkins Albert LANYON b. 1874, Hamilton, Vic, d. 1943, Mt. Gambier, SA, m. Eliza Jane NEWTON ~1879-1960
- Mary Jane FROST b. 1879, Heywood, Vic, d. 1963, Euroa, Vic., m. Ernest Albert MILLS 1881-1937
- Frank FROST b. 1881, Heywood, Vic., ................?
- Isabella Letitia FROST b. 1883, Heywood, Vic., d. 1969, Hamilton, S-W Vic.
- Helen Catherine FROST b. 1885, Heywood, Vic, d. 1978, Macarthur, Vic., m. Robert SPOLDING 1890-1955.
- Elizabeth Emily Josephine FROST b. 1888, Heywood, Vic, d. 1971, Macarthur, Vic., m. Edward John BROWN 1891-1943.
- Joseph William FROST b. 1890, Narrawong, Vic, d. 1974, Hamilton, S-W Vic., m. Kathleen Victoria MOYLAN 1890-1970
- Emily Grace FROST b. 1892 Tyrendarra, Vic, d. 1965, Melbourne, Vic., m.1 James Thomas CATTON 1891-1917 [killed in WW1], m.2 Edward Thomas "Ted" GOODWIN 1892-1957.
- Elizabeth Rachel LANYON 1855-1890, b. Harrow, Victoria; d. Harrow, Victoria; m. John Lawrence MINOGUE 1847-1921, b. Wattle Hill, Portland, Victoria to Simon MINOGUE and Johanna MINOGUE; d. Portland, Victoria and had the following family...
- Mary MINOGUE b. 1874, Harrow, Vic
- Rachel MINOGUE b. 1876, Harrow, Vic
- Johanna MINOGUE b. 1877, Harrow, Vic
- Bridget Florence MINOGUE b. 1879, Harrow, Vic, d. 1962, Portland, Vic., m. Edward John KAIN 1880-1977
- Elizabeth Emily MINOGUE b. 1881, Harrow, Vic
- Gerald Sylvester MINOGUE b. 1883, Harrow, Vic, d. 1960, Casterton, Vic., m. Eileen Stasia KENT 1886-1977.
- Ethel Annie MINOGUE b. 1886, Harrow, Vic
- Leo Bernard MINOGUE b. 1888, Harrow, Vic
- Simon MINOGUE b. 1890, Portland, Vic
- William Patrick LANYON 1857-1901, b. Harrow, Victoria; d. Hamilton, Victoria; m. 1882 to Mary RYAN 1856-1894, b. Portland, Victoria to Phillip RYAN and Catherine DWYER; d. Harrow, Victora and had the following family...
- Catherine Mary LANYON b. 1883, Harrow, Vic, d. 1951, Portland, Vic., m. Joseph John MARSHALL 1873-1950
- John William LANYON b. 1885, Harrow, Vic., ..............
- Emily Elizabeth LANYON b. 1886, Harrow, Vic, d. 1974, Edenhope, Vic., m. Arthur OUGH 1878-1955.
- Ethel Mary LANYON b. 1888, Harrow, Vic, d. 1965, Miga lake, Vic., m. David OUGH 1894-1972.
- Edwin Joseph LANYON 1859-1923, b. Digby, S-W Victoria, [....disappeared.... probably went with his mother when she left Digby ~1860, appears to be a complicated story....];