Alexander Campbell ROSS 1865-1938 b. Casterton, S-W Victoria
Elizabeth McLELLAN 1867-1960 b. Casterton, S-W Victoria
of Casterton, Sandford, Coleraine & Merino, S-W Victoria, Australia
Alexander Campbell ROSS b. 1865 Casterton, S-W Victoria, son of Donald ROSS & Margaret CAMPBELL married in 1889 to Elizabeth McLELLAN b. 1867 Casterton, Victoria, daughter of William McLELLAN and Catherine McARTHUR of Sandford, S-W Victoria.
Alexander Campbell ROSS was a blacksmith and Glenelg Shire councillor (President in 1836) who lived at "Glenloth" Merino, S-W Victoria.
Donald Secundus ROSS, one of their sons who served in WW1 and obtained a Soldier Settlement block on the Glenorchy Estate near Merino, S-W Victoria.
Alexander Campbell ROSS and Elizabeth McLELLAN had the following family...
- Elizabeth ROSS b. 1890, d. 1890, Coleriane, S-W Vic.;
- Donald Secundus ROSS b. 1892, Coleraine, S-W Vic, d. 1983, Geelong, Vic.;
- enlisted 10 Jul 1915, SS Teacher
- served as Pte 2320, 8th Light Horse Regiment, AIF & 1st Camel Brigade HQs, AIF
- RTA 12 Jul 1919
- Soldier Settler on Glenorchy Estate, Merino.
- Named on Merino War Memorial
- William "Bill" ROSS b. 1894, Merino, S-W Vic, m. Kathleen RIGBY.
- Pte 1566, 21st Battalion, 1st AIF.
- enlisted 3 Apr 1915, Merino
- served in France
- POW, WIA, captured 26 Aug 1916, Mouquet Farm, Somme
- POW, 1916-1918, Germany
- repatriated 25 Dec 1918, England
- RTA 22 Apr 1919, Melbourne, Victoria
- Soldier Settler on Paschendale Estate, Merino.
- Named on Merino War Memorial ?
- Ella ROSS b. 1896, Merino, S-W Vic, d. 1978, Ballarat, Vic.;
- Belle ROSS b. 1898, Merino, S-W Vic., d. 1957, Geelong, Vic., m. Colin Roy DOUGLAS, 1896-1967.;