John TODD 1814-1899 & Christina McKELLAR 1830-1909
Argyleshire, Scotland & Digby, Victoria, Australia
John TODD b. 1816 Argyleshire, Scotland, son of William TODD and Ann McKELLAR was married in 1852 in Argyleshire to Christina McKELLAR b. ca 1820 Argyleshire, daughter of _____ McKELLAR & __________.
John TODD and family arrived in 1856 on the 'Marco Polo' with John working as a shepherd at 'Rifle Downs' Station near Digby in the 1860s.
John died in 1899 and is buried in the Digby Cemetery and Christina died in 1909 and is buried in Hamilton.
John TODD & Christina McKELLAR had the following children:
- William TODD b. 1852 ............?;
- John TODD b. 1853, m. 1885, Mary Jane KILSBY (1858-?) and they had children at Dartmoor and Warracknabeal.;
- James 'Archibald' TODD b. 1855, ARL, Sct, d. 1890, NSW, Aus;
- Agnes TODD b. 1858 ............?;
- Annie TODD b. 1859 Branxholme, Vic, m. William Henry MANSFIELD and they had children at Digby, Vic.;
- Alexander TODD b. 1861 Digby, Vic, m. Johanna Alice HICKEY and they had children at Sandford, Vic.;
- Colin TODD b. 1863 Digby, Vic, m. Anne McLEOD and they had children at Hamilton, Vic.;
- Christina TODD b. 1866, d. 1866 Digby, Vic.;
- Neil Malcolm TODD b. 1867 Digby, Vic, m. Catherine Margaret HICKEY;
- Julia Margery TODD b. 1870 Hamilton, Vic, m. William HAWORTH and they had children at Hamilton, Vic.
C. TODD was listed as an early landowner on a Hotspur Parish map.