Richard Henry WILSON abt 1845-? & Mary Ann PAYNTER 1853-1921
Teacher at Sandford, Victoria, Australia
Richard Henry WILSON b. abt 1845, Melbourne, Victoria was married in 1874 to Mary Ann PAYNTER, b. 1853, Hobart, Tasmania.
Richard WILSON was the teacher at Sandford School from 1875 to 1878 and is credited with the following verse:
Where are the graves of the Pioneers?
One her, one there-some hidden and lost
Levelled by time and with scrub overgrown
They all lie far away in bush and plain.
Now and then perhaps may their place be known
By a lettered tree or an unhewn stone.
Whilst some will be sought in vain.
Richard WILSON and Mary Ann PAYNTER had the following known family:
- Henry Richard WILSON b. 1875, Sandford, Vic.
- Alfred William WILSON b. 1876, Sandford, Vic.
- Edith Annie WILSON b. 1877, Sandford, Vic, d. 1879.
- Charles Graham WILSON b. 1879, Woodford, Vic.
- George Paynter WILSON b. 1882, Woodford, Vic.
- Robert Rock WILSON b. 1883, Woodford, Vic, d. 1886.
- Eva Gordon WILSON b. 1887, Woodford, Vic, m. George Albert MAINSBRIDGE.
- Mary Grasmere Jellie WILSON b. 1890, Woodford, Vic.
- Gardie WILSON b. ca 1895, m. ____ JOHNSTONE.